Thursday, January 1, 2009

New to me authors read in 2008

I saw this meme on a few other blogs, including Mysteries in Paradise and Petrona, and thought I'd have a go. A trawl through my 2008 reads revealed that almost half of the books I read last year were by new to me authors. There were 24 authors and 27 books.

I have bolded all first books whether they were 2008 or not, and have marked with an asterisk those authors who have gone on my definitely-want-to-read-again list. My reviews, when there is one, are linked.

*Lenny Bartulin - A Deadly Business
*Tony Black - Paying for It
*Paul Cleave - Cemetery Lake
*Paul Cleave - The Killing Hour
*Colin Cotterill - The Coroner's Lunch (2006)
*Phillip Gwynne - The Build Up
*Anne Holt - The Final Murder
*Stieg Larsson - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Donna Leon - Death at La Fenice (1992)
David Levien - City of the Sun
*Dominique Manotti - Rough Trade (2000)
Guillermo Martinez - The Book of Murder
*Brian McGilloway - Gallows Lane
*Adrian McKinty - Dead I Well May Be (2004)
*Adrian McKinty - The Bloomsday Dead
Camilla Nelson - Crooked
Camilla Noli - Still Waters
*Matt Rees - The Bethlehem Murders (2007)
*Giampiero Rigosi - Night Bus (2006)
*Andrea Maria Schenkel - The Murder Farm
Steve J. Spears - Murder at the Fortnight
*Simone van der Vlugt - The Reunion
Irvine Welsh - Crime
Jincy Willett - The Writing Class
*Chris Womersley - The Low Road (2007)
Edward Wright - Damnation Falls

No comments:

Post a Comment