Thursday, January 1, 2009

My top 10 books for 2008

It's that time of year when everyone is listing their top 10 reads for 2008, so who am I to buck to the trend! I only read 57 books this year, a little below the total for the last couple of years, but most of them rated very good to excellent. There were many honourable mentions, those that ranked just a fraction below these, but here are my absolute best reads of the last 12 months.

Cross by Ken Bruen
Voodoo Doll by Leah Giarratano
The Draining Lake by Arnaldur Indridason
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
Shatter by Michael Robotham
Betrayal by Karin Altevegen
The Murder Farm by Andrea Maria Schenkel
Dead Man's Footsteps by Peter James
Wash This Blood Clean From My Hand by Fred Vargas
Black Seconds by Karin Fossum

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for listing 2 of my translations (Larsson and Alvtegen) in your top 10! "Reg Keeland" in New Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both excellent books, Reg! And your translations are extremely well done, not at all clunky some can be.

    ReplyDelete